Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've joined the dark side. Where are my cookies?

I should first begin with this: I know, I know. I made tons of fun of Daddo and Tina for getting a blog and now I've gone and gotten my own. So, for this post (and this post only please) feel free to make as much fun of me as you want, call me a hypocrite, whatever. Get it out of your systems. After this post, I'm deleting any mocking comments that aren't mocking the content of that post. .... Yeah.
Second, my reason for getting a blog in the first place. I am terrible at keeping in touch with people. Terrible! It's shameful. I don't think I've emailed anyone besides my mother in months. I love you guys and want to keep in touch with you but, apparently, email isn't working. So. We're trying something new. Blogging. *shudder*
Third order of business, how life has been. Well, life has been great. I'm loving my classes this semester (French 215, EDYS [That's Education and Youth Studies] 151, Anthro 100 [Society and Culture], and math 103 [Cultural Approaches to Math. The mocking window will never close on this one, I promise]), my roommate and I are getting along swimmingly, and I'm doing things besides homework. Go me! Haha. I'm thinking about changing my major again, however. Well, it's not really changing since I haven't declared yet but..... shh. I was going to major in both French and education, but then it was that with a minor in music and now I've settled on a major in education with a double minor in French and music. My music requirements I'd be able to get out of the way easily, especially with my piano ensemble. I'm excited about that too, because then I have an excuse to take some theory classes and a conducting class. There's a conducting class! Isn't that awesome?! My main reason for wanting to switch from a french major to a minor is the “recommended” habitation in French house for a semester. I love French house, it's a wonderful building. I've met some of the people there, they're nice. It's great. It's a cool plan. None of my friends would be there and I would be lonely. Not fun. Though it would just be a semester. I was planning on having a frenched out junior year..... We'll see. My main concern is with education though. It looks like the track I should be following has 8 class requirements. Now, I didn't take an EDYS last semester, nor will I take one the semester I go away. That's a year of EDYS. I refuse to be at Beloit for 5 years. I love it, but not millions of dollars of love. I've emailed some people about all of this though, so it should be working out. The other day I sat down and planned out which classes I want to take for the next year and a half. Did you know they have a class about dinosaurs? YEAH! I'm excited. Plus, it'd get my interdisciplinary requirement out of the way. Woo! Bonus! Haha.
So, nothing too major happened this semester. Just doin' my thang. Figuring things out. Learnin' stuff. My hair's getting longer? I guess that's important. Haha. Next post will probably just be some pictures because I'm on break but I'll make sure to do that soon. :)
Love and kisses!

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the dark side, it's not that bad here ;) tanti baci, t

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay away from the dark side! tvb, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. tvb?

    And I'm still waiting for my cookies. Though it looks like I'll have to make them myself. Siiiiigh.
    :)

    ReplyDelete