I'm alive!
I guess that's pretty much it, for now.
Okay, after not posting for so long I suppose I can do a brief outline of the semester thus far.
After re-declaring my major (bye-bye French, hel-loo music) I've had to completely rethink my plan for the next two years. That being said, this semester I'm in two education courses, Character of French Lit and Music Theory I. Which is like math. And therefore awesome. Actually, since I'm planning on taking a break from French for a while, I might have an opening to take calc. Which would also be awesome. Mmmm, math. I miss it. I'm not looking forward to the second science class I'll need to take, however. Though pretty sure that getting into Physics of Music shouldn't be that bad since I a) know the professor and 2) it's relevant to both of my majors. Lucky me. :) Haha.
I'm working twice as much this semester as last semester (still in food services blehhhh) but I've brought home my first paycheck. $197.56. I'm so proud of my life. :)
Getting up at seven every morning (except the weekends. And I let myself sleep in until 8 on Tuesdays) has been a lot harder than I expected. I've tried different bedtimes but that doesn't seem to have much to do with it. I think it's just the getting up at seven that's the problem. Luckily, next year I'll have an 8:45a class both semesters, so I get to get up at 8. Which is much more do-able.
On another note, my rooming situation has changed. I began the year in a triple with Maya (my roommate from last year) and Jamie (a mutual friend). Maya and I were having a few difficulties throughout last semester, unfortunately, and now she has moved into SPIEL. (I really don't know what that stands for but it's the substance free housing.) So Jamie and I have these two awesome rooms to ourselves. We did some rearranging and now I'm pretty much sleeping in a cave. I love it. I'll get around to posting some pictures eventually.
Also, in a show of roommate bonding-ness, Jamie and I got a goldfish and a snail! They're both boys, named She-Thing and Grover respectively. We also placed Jamie's figurine of E.A.P. in the bowl. He's top heavy so he's upside-down. Because he's sad.
Other than that, life is pretty good. I feel very busy this semester, but it's a good busy. Spring break starts a week from Friday (Um, what? It's still February. Hello?) and I'm definitely looking forward to a brief reprieve from the whole school thing.
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be more diligent about posting on my blog. It's only taken me 48 days to post, but here's hoping that this will be the first of many.
:)
Love,
Kate
P.S. The title comes from a paper that I wrote. And yes, that line did make it into the final draft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment